Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thank You For This Day - A Prayer

I started my day this morning, before getting out of bed, by saying, “Thank you for this day.” That I am here is an extraordinary gift that I don’t want to take for granted, but instead appreciate as much as possible.

The flavor of my day is so much richer and sweeter when I pause briefly to reflect on how wonderful it is to be experiencing this very moment. I am brought back from thoughts of the future, and the past, and placed squarely into being.

Thank you, God, for this day. Thank you for my ability to witness the bright morning sun streaming into the living room, bringing the promise of what’s to come into the gentle sanctuary of my home. Thank you for this beloved body, the temple of my soul, my instrument for experiencing what it means to be human, and expressing your light in the world. Thank you for my beating heart, my eyes that can look with wonder at what is before me, and for my feet that move me forward, dancing (and sometimes stumbling) joyfully. Thank you for my voice that can say ‘I love you,” teach others and speak the truth in my heart.

Thank you, God, for all of it, another blessed day, learning to know myself as you.

May you remember in the middle of your days to stop and be grateful for them, and may this tool be a blessing. . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sherry. Amy Pierce here. I just tonight saw a comment you posted after reading my piece in Awaken Consciousness Magazine on April 4th. I didn't remember that the piece had been published, as I received no notice of it, and happened to find it by looking at my blog stats. The piece is called "Raise High the Roofbeam, Carpenters!" Maybe you will recall reading it.
    Would you be interested in trading links? I could create a link on my Wordpress blog, www.inspiritualwonder.us, for your blog and you could share mine. I am looking for more readers and I think we are pretty well aligned with each other spiritually. I'm enjoying what I'm reading of yours. You could email me directly at writes34583@mypacks.net. Be well! Amy

    ReplyDelete